Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Lambro in the 2.40 at Leopardstown Compare odds and bet
Over in Ireland Last Instalment sets a very good standard in the Dr P J Moriarty Novice Chase, one of four Grade 1’s on a cracking card at Leopardstown, but at the prices a chance is taken on Lambro (2:40) who had the favourite back in third in a Grade 2 novice hurdle at Fairyhouse last April.
Granted, Last Instalment has looked a natural over fences, but the selection has made a smooth transition to the larger obstacles himself, winning impressively on debut at Naas before giving subsequent Irish Arkle winner Flemenstar a race at the same track.
The step back up in trip will suit and at 5/2 he is worth supporting, though he had opened up 9/2 on Saturday afternoon; that was clearly an incorrect price.
2:40 Leopardstown: Lambro (5/2 Boylesports / Bet365)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)