Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today ahead of the weekend; Toubab in the 3.35 at Sandown. Compare odds and bet
With the well-documented ‘coughing’ scare in the Paul Nicholls yard, backing his horses this weekend comes with a health warning but Toubab (3:35) is worth siding with in Sandown’s Kilbritain Castle Novices’ Chase.
The grey hasn’t been seen since falling at Haydock in November when he looked like hacking up in a graduation chase, having earlier been collared late on by Lancetto on his chasing debut at Cheltenham.
In receipt of 8lbs from main market rival Bellvano, he will take plenty of beating if 100% fit and his jumping holds up around the tricky Esher track.
Elsewhere on the card, Top Of The Range is the most interesting runner, but he faces no easy task in conceding weight all round in the novices’ hurdle, plus he’s dropping back in trip after flopping in the Challow Hurdle last time. With that in mind, he’s probably one to watch at likely short odds.
3:35 Sandown Toubab (7/4 Paddy Power / Bet365)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)