Paul Ferguson brings us a pair of selections from Taunton today; Urbain De Sivola (2.00) and Dare Me (3.40). Compare odds and bet
Though he has been off the track since winning a warm juvenile contest at Newbury’s Hennessy meeting in November Urbain De Sivola (2:00) is taken to beat his elders at Taunton this afternoon and, in doing so, Nick Williams’s four-year-old can book his ticket to the Triumph Hurdle.
The son of Le Fou is already as low as 12/1 for the Triumph and the form of his Newbury success reads really well thanks to the subsequent victories of Ranjaan (2nd), Ardlui (3rd) and Dark And Dangerous (4th).
The feature race on the card is the Bathwick Tyres Handicap Hurdle in which Sire De Grugy looks a worthy market leader, based on his fourth in last week’s Betfair Hurdle at Newbury.
That race came just four days ago, however, so Dare Me (3:40) looks the one to side with and at 5/1 he looks a bet to nothing for the each-way thieves.
Philip Hobbs’s son of Bob Back, who was a smart bumper performer the season before last, was two from two in novice hurdles at Exeter early last term and he made an encouraging return at Cheltenham on trials day last month.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)