Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today; Donald McCain’s Diligent in the 17.20 at Catterick; Compare odds and bet
With less than a week to go until the start of this year’s Cheltenham Festival the action this midweek is understandably low key, but one of the more interesting runners of the day comes in the concluding bumper at Catterick, in the shape of Diligent (5:20) who is taken to follow up her recent Doncaster success.
Donald McCain’s filly was successful by just a neck that day, but the daughter of Generous was rather green and appealed as the type to benefit greatly from that initial experience.
It’s hard to know what that form amounts to, but the way the front two pulled clear was encouraging and it is likely that it was a stronger contest than today’s race. She is taken to defy the 7lb penalty she is forced to carry.
5:20 Catterick Diligent
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)