Paul Ferguson has two selections from Sandown for us on Saturday, Carrigmorna King at 2.05 and Call Me A Star at 3.50 Compare odds and bet
Sandown’s opening EBF Final looks as competitive as ever and, though there are lines of form to suggest other runners have stronger claims, Philip Hobbs’s Carrigmorna King (2:05) looks to have plenty more to offer now he’s upped in trip on better ground and he is worth supporting each-way in a wide open affair.
Richard Johnson’s mount made an encouraging rules debut behind a couple of ex Flat horses and has improved since. After finishing third to the useful Broadbackbob, he chased home the unexposed Salubrious before scoring at Newbury in January.
After that success Hobbs stated that the son of King’s Theatre will be better suited by better ground and the runner-up has franked the form by winning a Towcester novice by 11 lengths, while fifth home Claret Cloak scored by 12 lengths at Sandown next time.
The selection, who won his sole point-to-point before joining current connections, looks potentially well treated towards the foot of the weights and was available at 8/1 on Saturday morning at Betfred
Later on the card Alan King can take the Listed mares bumper with Call Me A Star (3:50) who created a big impression when making a winning racecourse debut at Wetherby in November.
The form of that race isn’t particularly strong (fourth home Ginger Fizz has won since and re-opposes today, however) but the way in which she did it was impressive and the daughter of Midnight Legend was unlucky not to follow up on the all-weather last time.
The five-year-old ran on well in the closing stages that day and can return to winning ways in a race Alan King saddled the runner-up in 12 months ago. The selection was trading at 11/4 with Bet365 this morning
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)