Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today; Starluck in the 15:30 at Kempton; Compare odds and bet.
With the jumps action in the lull between Cheltenham and Aintree and the Flat season yet to really get going it’s a fairly quiet day by Saturday standards on the domestic front, though there are a couple of really strongly contested handicaps for punters to get stuck into.
Doncaster’s Lincoln looks the usual cavalry charge and, while the Rosebery Handicap on the all-weather at Kempton looks pretty competitive, Starluck (3:30) looks potentially over-priced and catches the eye on his return to the Flat.
David Arbuthnot’s hurdler has shown glimpses of his old self in both starts over timber this season and was a winner here on his sole start on the Flat track when last tried under this code two years ago.
The seven-year-old also showed a liking for all-weather racing when winning at Dundalk on his racecourse debut some four years ago and his two outings over hurdles at Kempton have resulted in an 11 length success and a short head second in the Christmas Hurdle of 2009.
He may not quite be the force of old, but at 25/1 he looks worth chancing that a strongly run handicap over this sort of trip could bring back the old sparkle at a track that David Arbuthnot has a healthy level stakes profit at.
3:30 Kempton Starluck (each-way 25/1 Stan James)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)