Paul Ferguson has a pair of selections from Leopardstown; Taigan in the 16.55 and Furner’s Green in the 17.25. Compare odds and bet
As usual for the time of year Aidan O’Brien has yet to click into gear, but the Master of Ballydoyle can get off the mark for the new turf season at Leopardstown this evening.
Firstly Taigan (4:55) is taken to land the 10-furlong colts maiden, a race the stable last won in 2009 with Rockhampton.
The son of Kingmambo looked a surefire future winner when a head second to stable-mate After in a 6f event at the Curragh last June and the step up in distance should be right up his street as he was chased along from an early stage last time.
He has clearly had his problems that kept him off the track for the remainder of his juvenile campaign, but he remains a horse of some interest and the market should give us the best guide to his wellbeing.
Half an hour later Furner’s Green (5:25) should be up to make a winning seasonal reappearance in the Follow Leopardstown On Facebook Race, assuming he’s somewhere near peak fitness (again the market should prove a good guide).
The Dylan Thomas colt looked a two-year-old to follow last term when winning impressively on debut at Tipperary in July and, though he failed to follow up in three subsequent outings, this represents a big drop in class. The step up to a mile and quicker ground are both also in his favour today.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)