Paul Ferguson kicks off the week with one selection today, Alan King’s Medinas in the 14.15 at Hereford; Compare odds and bet
Hereford’s opening novices’ hurdle appears to be the most interesting race of the day on Monday and the penalised Twirling Magnet’s form was given a timely boost yesterday when Persian Snow was successful at Huntingdon.
Jonjo O’Neill’s six-year-old is therefore greatly respected but, in receipt of 6lbs, slight preference is for Alan King’s Medinas (2:15) who shaped really well on his debut over hurdles before disappointing slightly last time.
Runner-up to Let’s Get Serious at Fontwell in early December, the five-year-old was then well beaten by Hinton Indiana, who was fourth behind the selection when Medinas won a Newbury bumper last March.
This indicates that he didn’t run up to form last time and the fact he has been absent since also implies that all was not right. He looks worth another chance here.
2:15 Hereford Medinas
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)