Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Side Glance in the 3.55 (Donc) and Leceile in the 4.15 (Lime) Compare odds and bet
Andrew Balding’s Side Glance (3:55) has upwards of 7lbs in hand on official ratings and is therefore fancied to land the Listed Doncaster Mile on his seasonal reappearance this afternoon.
The five-year-old went from strength to strength last term and wound up by taking his chance in the QEII Stakes at Ascot last time. Clearly this is a much easier task and connections will no doubt be disappointed if he doesn’t make a winning start to the campaign.
Over in Ireland the Follow Limerick Racecourse On Twitter Mares Hurdle can go the way of Leceile (4:15) despite having been off the track since winning at Fairyhouse in October.
Noel Meade’s six-year-old was hugely impressive that day under a motionless Paul Carberry, having chased home Steps To Freedom at the same track a couple of weeks earlier.
She needs to step forward again here, as she faces a useful mare in the shape of Little Green, but she looks more than capable of progressing judged on her form in the autumn and she’s potentially quite decent.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)