Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday and considers; Kissed in the 15.25 at Navan and Unaccompanied in the 17.35 at Navan. Compare odds and bet
Domtaline is potentially the best horse on show at Ludlow today, but Paul Nicholls’s grey has always been best caught fresh in the past, yet reappears here after winning at the track just 24 days ago.
The five-year-old really ought to be too good for this lot but, as he wasn’t foot perfect on debut, I’m prepared to take a watching brief this afternoon with him trading at 4/6 on Saturday evening.
If you’re prepared to play at odds-on Kissed (3:25) maybe a better option in the Listed Salsabil Stakes at Navan.
A course winner on her sole start at two, the Galileo filly is already prominent in the ante-post market for The Oaks and can get her season off to the best possible start here.
The form of the Aidan O’Brien stable would have been more of a concern before yesterday, when Imperial Monarch landed the Classic Trial at Sandown for the stable and, in doing so, did this column a good turn, too.
Smart jumper Unaccompanied (5:35) can round off proceedings by taking the 1m5f contest for Dermot Weld and Pat Smullen.
The mare has a fine strike-rate on heavy ground and, though she’s not yet stayed this far on the Flat, she easily sees out 2m over hurdles. The daughter of Danehill Dancer improved throughout the last jumps season, winning the Grade 1 Istabraq Festival Hurdle over Christmas, but hasn’t been seen since disappointing in the Irish Champion Hurdle three months ago.
She has won when fresh in the past, however, and, if she can translate her improvement over hurdles back to the level, she’ll be tough to beat.
3:25 Navan Kissed (4/6 Bet365)
5:35 Navan Unaccompanied (5/4 Boylesports)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)