Paul Ferguson has another selection for us today at Punchestown; Willie Mullins’ Quevega in the 17.30. Compare odds and bet
If Punchestown somehow beats the weather today (8am inspection) all eyes will be on the clash between Quevega (5:30) and Voler La Vedette in the Ladbrokes.com World Series Hurdle and preference is for the former, who has won this race for the past two seasons.
Willie Mullins’s brilliant mare prefers better ground, but she handles testing conditions and the combination of 3m on this treacherous ground will stretch the World Hurdle runner-up Voler La Vedette.
Ruby Walsh rode the track well in the conditions yesterday and he will be sure to play things late with the eight-year-old, who was last beaten on home soil at this meeting three years ago.
Mullins dominated yesterday’s truncated card, winning four of the five races (didn’t have a runner in the opener), including both Grade 1’s and a 1-2-3 in the War Of Attrition Novice Hurdle. He can continue the trend by taking this, the first of two Grade 1’s on this evening’s card.
5:30 Punchestown Quevega
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)