Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Fourth Estate in the 16.05 at Haydock. Compare odds and bet
Top trainer at the Cheltenham Festival last month, Nicky Henderson will be readying a big squad for Aintree next week and the Lambourn based handler can warm up for the Grand National meeting at Haydock this afternoon.
Stable jockey Barry Geraghty has just three rides on the card and, though Owen Glendower holds solid claims on his Festival third and the well-bred Picture Post will be a warm order to land the bumper, it is Fourth Estate (4:05) that appeals as the best bet of the day in the “Fixed Brush” novices’ handicap hurdle.
Two from two in bumpers last season, he has an identical record over hurdles so far this term and he looks to have been let in leniently by the handicapper with an opening mark of 123.
The son of Fantastic Light gives the impression that he’ll be suited by the step up to 2m4f and, as long as the ground remains good, he ought to be tough to beat. There is, however, plenty of rain about (in Liverpool anyway) at the time of writing, so it’s very much hoped that it doesn’t get into the ground as the selection is at his best on a decent surface.
Bet365 opened up at 5/2 on Friday evening, but that didn’t last long and they soon cut Fourth Estate to 13/8; he was a best price 2/1 at the time of writing.
4:05 Haydock: Fourth Estate
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)