Paul Ferguson has one selection today and looks to Curragh’s 1000 Guineas; Homecoming Queen in the 15.40. Compare odds and bet
After springing what appeared a shock in Newmarket’s 1,000 Guineas Homecoming Queen (3:40) can prove that was no fluke by following up in this afternoon’s Etihad Airways Irish 1,000 Guineas at the Curragh.
The Holy Roman Emperor filly was given a great ride by Ryan Moore at HQ and she appears to only have one way of going, with all three of her career victories coming from the front.
Rarely is a Classic won by 9 lengths and, though her two-year-old form makes you question the true merit of her victory, she could simply have improved enormously from two to three.
Having beaten yesterday’s Irish 2,000 Guineas winner Power in the Phoenix Stakes here last August, La Collina could give the selection most to think about, though she has more than 11 lengths to make up with her on Newmarket form.
3:40 Curragh Homecoming Queen
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)