Paul Ferguson has another selection for us this evening at Ballinrobe: Absolutelyfantastic in the 19.05. Compare odds and bet
Ballinrobe stages a decent card this evening with several interesting runners on show, one of those being Clondaw Warrior, who was a winner for this column on his hurdles debut earlier in the month.
Shark Hanlon’s five-year-old should relish the quick ground and will appreciate the step up in trip, but he faces a fair horse in Flycorn, so is best watched tonight.
On a line through Clondaw Warrior, Jimjim Mac Cool ought to be tough to beat in the opening maiden hurdle and is another to note on the card, though stable-mate Absolutelyfantastic (7:05) looks the day’s best bet in the 2m1f beginners’ chase.
A bumper winner at Killarney last July and the winner of a Gowran Park maiden hurdle on his first start over timber in September, the five-year-old went on to chase home the smart Rebel Fitz at Cork and, after disappointing twice, bounced back to finish sixth behind Darlan at Aintree last month.
Henry De Bromhead’s charge has the look of a chaser and made a pleasing start to his career over fences when third in a warm contest at Killarney a fortnight ago.
He jumped well in the main and travelled strongly for a long way, before appearing to tire late on. It looked as though he would improve for that initial outing and, though he only has a length in hand over The Bull Hayes from that recent meeting, he is taken to confirm the form and get off the mark over fences.
He travelled much the best of that pair for a long way last time and it will be disappointing if he can’t land this under Davy Russell, who is deputising for the injured Andrew Lynch who sadly broke his leg at the weekend.
7:05 Ballinrobe Absolutelyfantastic
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)