Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today to kick start the week; Gwanako in the 17.20 at Newton Abbot. Compare odds and bet
Despite arriving here on the back of a fall at Aintree last month Gwanako (5:20) is fancied to bounce back to winning ways in Newton Abbot’s concluding hunters’ chase.
Paul Nicholls’s nine-year-old had won impressively twice at Sandown en route to Aintree, where he was in the process of running a big race over the Grand National course when coming down at the 14th.
Heavily dropped in class, he has optimum conditions of 2m5f on good ground this afternoon and should only have to jump round to score. He was trading around 8/11 on Betfair last night and that seemed more than fair, for those happy to play at odds-on.
5:20 Newton Abbot Gwanako
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)