Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today both from Sedgefield; Beeves (19.00) and Pontificating (21.00). Compare odds and bet
Donald McCain continues in fine form and the trainer can land a double at Sedgefield tonight, starting with Beeves (7:00) in the Poker At Bet365 Maiden Hurdle.
The Irish points winner stayed on strongly to beat a previous winner in a heavy ground bumper at Hexham on his rules debut, leaving the impression he’ll be suited by this evening’s 2m5f trip.
McCain has a 25% strike-rate in bumpers at the track for the past five seasons and Pontificating (9:00) can enhance that record on his debut for the yard in the concluding event.
Well beaten in a couple of points, the five-year-old ran a race full of promise when runner-up in a Downpatrick bumper in March when trained by Tom Taaffe. A reproduction of that effort ought to be good enough on his British debut.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)