Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday, from Hereford; Newton Tonic in the 15.20. Compare odds and bet
Race-goers at Hereford this afternoon may well get to see a smart chasing recruit in the shape of Shoegazer in the opening beginners’ chase, but he’ll be very short odds to score on debut.
Later on the card the feature event can go the way of Newton Tonic (3:20) who got off the mark in pleasing fashion over a similar trip at Huntingdon last month.
Charlie Longsdon’s seven-year-old is likely to make all in his bid to follow up and, assuming he proves he is as effective on this very soft ground, he could be hard to peg back under Felix De Giles.
The selection was trading at 15/8 with Paddy Power on Wednesday evening.
3:20 Hereford: Newton Tonic (15/8 Paddy Power)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)