Paul Ferguson has another selection for us today; Donald McCain’s Lexi’s Boy in the 4.05 Carlisle. Compare odds and bet.
Donald McCain is set to saddle Chester Cup winner Ile De Re in Saturday’s Northumberland Plate and the in-form trainer bids to warm up for the Newcastle feature by taking Wednesday’s Totepool.com Cumberland Plate at Carlisle with Lexi’s Boy (4:05).
The four-year-old won his last four all-weather starts before joining the stable and had also shown good soft ground form when runner-up at Chester last June. Bought by Peddlers Cross’s owner Tim Leslie for 60,000 Guineas, he got off the mark at the second time of asking over hurdles but it wasn’t until the spring that he began to flourish.
A winner of a juvenile handicap at Ascot on 1 April (off 120), the grey went on to win twice more the same month, at Ayr then on soft ground at Sandown on the final day of the jumps season.
That success came off 132 and the son of Verglas is now up to a rating of 142 over hurdles, so he looks potentially well treated back on the Flat running off 80. Graham Lee looks a positive booking and, in a competitive contest, he is worth backing each-way with Ladbrokes offering 6/1 on Tuesday evening.
4:05 Carlisle Lexi’s Boy
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)