Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Imperial Monarch (11/2) in the 3:15 at Chantilly. Compare odds and bet.
The Aidan O’Brien bandwagon continues to roll on and this afternoon Imperial Monarch (3:15) can provide the trainer with his first Prix Du Jockey Club at Chantilly.
The Galileo colt won his maiden in the style of a smart middle-distance prospect last year and landed Sandown’s Classic Trial on his sole start this term, beating Thought Worthy, who won next time and finished fourth to Camelot at Epsom yesterday.
Joseph O’Brien chose to race wide that day and gave away plenty of ground, so that victory is even more meritorious and he was value for much more than the winning margin.
He will be better over 1m4f later in the season and I thought he was the main danger to Camelot at Epsom before being re-routed here, so I’m sticking with him despite this being a very warm event.
2,000 Guineas runner-up French Fifteen is greatly respected, while it is nice to see Most Improved returning to action and I can see him running a big race for Brian Meehan; you will remember from last year, he is another colt I am a fan of.
3:15 Chantilly Imperial Monarch
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)