Paul Ferguson is back and has two selections today; Great Heavens (3.25 Newb) and Inch Rover (6.40 Here). Compare odds and bet.
Morning all, it’s good to be back and I’m returning to action on a day that stages a few interesting races, none more so than Newbury’s Listed Lord Weinstock Memorial Stakes, in which Great Heavens (3:25) is taken to score for John Gosden and William Buick.
The Galileo filly is a full sister to the same connections’ top-class Nathaniel and she looked one to follow when winning on her reappearance at Yarmouth last month.
She handled testing ground that day, which bodes well for today, and Newbury’s long straight ought to suit her galloping style. Well supported already, the selection is a best-priced 5/4 (Paddy Power) this morning.
John Ferguson’s Art History will be a warm order in Hereford’s 2m4f maiden hurdle this evening, but he is taken on with Charlie Longsdon’s Inch Rover (6:40) who has twice finished runner-up in bumpers and should appreciate the step up in trip.
Prior to joining Longsdon, the son of Dushyantor ran in two Irish points, finishing fourth behind Champion Bumper winner Champagne Fever on debut. On his rules debut, he travelled really strongly to run a race full of promise behind Paul Nicholls’s Whisky Yankee and, though he didn’t appear to step forward at Uttoxeter last time, he is worth taking a chance on now he goes jumping over further.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)