Paul Ferguson has two selections at Yarmouth for us today; Medhyaar in the 3.10 and Born To Surprise in the 4.10. Compare odds and bet.
Michael Bell holds Born To Surprise (4:10) in high regard and his three-year-old can get back to winning ways in the Bet365 Handicap at Yarmouth on Wednesday under Jamie Spencer.
The Exceed And Excel colt looked really good when winning over this trip on his return to action at Doncaster in April and, after failing to land a blow in the Craven Stakes, he returned to form with a fair run in the Britannia Stakes at Royal Ascot.
He travelled well again that day, suggesting the drop in trip will suit and, down 2lbs in the handicap and also down in class, he can bounce back here in receipt of an 8lb weight-for-age allowance. As low as 3/1 with the sponsors, Paddy Power’s overnight 6/1 looks on the big side.
Earlier on the card Medhyaar (3:10) can land the mile maiden for William Haggas, after a most promising racecourse debut at Newmarket last month.
Slowly away and really green, the Bahri filly ran on in eye-catching fashion to finish runner-up and looked a sure-fire future winner.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)