Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Olympic Glory in the 2.10 (Newm) and Mijhaar in the 3.00 (York). Compare odds and bet.
The John Smith’s Cup at York looks as fiercely competitive as ever, but one last chance is given to the slightly frustrating Mijhaar (3:00) who ran a solid race behind Gatewood at Royal Ascot last time.
Roger Varian’s four-year-old relishes a bit of cut in the ground and, though he hasn’t scored since winning a Haydock maiden last May, he has shown some solid form in defeat.
The Shirocco colt remains well handicapped on a mark of 102 and, if he settles in the first time hood this afternoon, he can finally land the big pot he has threatened to win for some time now. He was trading at 4/1 with Hills overnight and the each-way thieves will no doubt mop that up.
The Group 2 Superlative Stakes at Newmarket can go the way of Richard Hannon’s aptly named Olympic Glory (2:10) who won on easy ground at Goodwood on debut, before stepping up when runner-up to Dawn Approach in the Coventry last time.
The Choisir colt has plenty of stamina in his pedigree and, given the way he stormed home at the Royal meeting, the step up to 7f ought to bring about plenty of improvement.
The selection was generally trading at 2/1 overnight, while there was plenty of money around for second-favourite Maxentius, who looked good last time at Doncaster and rates the main danger. Olympic Glory’s form is a notch above, however, and he gets the vote under Richard Hughes.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)