Paul Ferguson has one selections for us on Sunday; Rugged Cross in the 3.50 at Pontefract. Compare odds and bet.
Having finished well down the field in the Epsom Derby last time Rugged Cross (3:50) takes a marked drop in class this afternoon and can land the Listed Pomfret Stakes at Pontefract for the in-form Henry Candy.
The Cape Cross colt, who won what is usually a decent maiden at York’s Dante meeting last August, ran well for long way behind Camelot before his stamina limitations were exposed and the drop back in trip will suit.
He had earlier finished a close up third in the Listed Fairway Stakes at Newmarket in May, keeping on really well after coming under pressure some way from home. The form of that contest reads well with the front two finishing second and third in the Group 2 King Edward VII Stakes at Royal Ascot, before which the winner Thought Worthy had finished fourth to Camelot in the Derby.
The selection is the least exposed runner in the race
3:50 Pontefract: Rugged Cross (7/2 BetVictor and Ladbrokes)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)