Paul Ferguson has another selection for us on Tuesday; Royal Scoundrel in the 4.40 at Southwell. Compare odds and bet.
This is usually Peter Bowen’s time of year and the Pembrokeshire-based trainer, who went saddled the runner-up in each of the two big races at Market Rasen on Saturday, can strike at Southwell on Tuesday with Royal Scoundrel (4:40) in the 32RedPoker.com Maiden Hurdle.
The eight-year-old has always been held in high regard and he won his bumper by 14 lengths on debut back in August 2008. He returned a couple of years later to run in a couple of better races in that sphere, after which he was forced off the track again for a while.
Clearly difficult to keep sound, he made his hurdles debut at Ffos Las in June after more than a year-and-a-half off and stepped forward massively when runner-up at Worcester earlier this month. The eight-year-old went down by a short head and looked a sure-fire future winner.
He looks to have the useful The Rockies to beat, but Royal Scoundrel gets the vote under Denis O’Regan.
4:40 Southwell Royal Scoundrel
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)