Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday; Carlton House in the 3.20 at Ascot and Guarantee and 3.40 at Ripon. Compare odds and bet.
It’s King George day at Ascot and this year’s renewal looks very competitive, with last year’s winner Nathaniel a worthy market leader but, with Coronation Cup winner St Nicholas Abbey and Hardwicke winner Sea Moon in opposition, I’m happy sit back and enjoy the big race.
Earlier on the card Carlton House (3:20) should return to winning ways in the Group 2 Summer Mile, after a solid second behind So You Think in the Prince Of Wales’s Stakes at the Royal meeting.
The drop back in trip shouldn’t inconvenience the Street Cry colt, who looks a class above this lot. Available at 4/5 overnight with Hills, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the four-year-old being sent off much shorter come post time.
Elsewhere Guarantee (3:40) is fancied to land the Ripon Bell-Ringer Handicap for William Haggas and Philip Makin.
A winner for this column at Newbury last time, the Authorized colt looked in a bit of trouble at one stage that night, before the split appeared and he finished with a rattle in the end.
He appeals very much the type to land a nice prize before the season is out and he can start off by landing his first handicap off an opening mark of 87.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)