Paul Ferguson has one selection for us at Goodwood on Tuesday; Michelangelo in the 2.35. Compare odds and bet.
Currently third in the ante-post market for the St Leger Michelangelo (2:35) needs to land this afternoon’s Group 3 Bet365 Gordon Stakes on day one of Glorious Goodwood if he is to enhance his claims for the final Classic of the season.
The Galileo colt won the Listed Cocked Hat Stakes here on his second start and was again heavily backed when following up in the valuable Tattersalls Sales race at Newmarket last month.
Third behind Noble Mission on debut, he seems to have progressed past Frankel’s brother since they met in May, and, though he needs to step forward again here, the step up in trip is very much in his favour and he appeals as the type to continue his progression.
German raider Girolamo (third in the Deutsches Derby) is the unknown quantity but, having won for this column on his past two starts, I’m loathed to desert Michelangelo, who represents the red-hot pairing of John Gosden and William Buick.
2:35 Glorious Goodwood Michelangelo
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)