Paul Ferguson kicks off the weekend with one selection on Friday; Encke in the 16.35 at Sandown, priced at 13/8. Compare odds and bet.
Despite a lack of experience Encke (4:35) is fancied to score on his reappearance in a competitive handicap at Sandown on Friday.
The Kingmambo colt looked a smart prospect when winning second time up as a juvenile and the fact he holds a Great Voltigeur entry suggests he remains highly regarded.
If he were to take up that Group 2 engagement, he would need to be winning this off a mark of 90, despite taking on his elders. Interestingly, this race has been won by a three-year-old in each of the past two seasons and five times in the past decade.
The selection was trading at 2/1 with Bet365 and Paddy Power on Thursday evening.
4:35 Sandown Encke
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)