Paul Ferguson has two selections on Tuesday; Asker in the 4.15 (Ffos) and Drive Time in the 7.10 (Kill). Compare odds and bet.
In the hope that he improves mentally from his Flat debut at Chepstow last month Asker (4:15) is taken to get the better of the in-form filly Bilidn in the At The Races Handicap at Ffos Las on Tuesday.
Marcus Tregoning’s four-year-old looked in trouble for the majority of his maiden, but really picked up once the penny dropped and he won with plenty in hand in the end, despite hanging badly to the right.
The blinkers remain on and the fact he has already won on heavy is a positive. The step up to 1m6f is very much in his favour and the son of High Chaparral had earlier been seen beating No No Charlie in a bumper at Worcester last October.
That rival was an easy winner at Fontwell in May and, though a mark of 81 doesn’t make him look chucked in, Katia Scallan takes off a valuable 7lbs. The selection opened up at 3/1 with Bet365 on Monday evening.
Over in Ireland, Willie Mullins can continue his fine Flat form with Drive Time (7:10) in the Killarney Veterinary Clinic (Q.R.) Race.
A winner over hurdles at the Punchestown Festival last time, when returning from more than a year on the sidelines, the seven-year-old beat stable-mate Blackstairmountain (an easy Flat winner recently for Mullins) in a maiden on the level when trained by Jim Bolger.
A useful novice hurdler for Howard Johnson and the Wylie’s, he was making his debut for Mullins when scoring at Punchestown and he holds big race entries in the Galway Hurdle and the Ebor at York.
He should be tough to beat this evening and the presence of Whatever Jacksays and useful bumper winner Mart Lane should make him a backable price.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)