Paul Ferguson has three for us today; Polisky (3.25, Utto), Summer Star (6.05, Lime) and Baily Green (7.45, Lime). Compare odds and bet.
Though his likely main market rivals Russian War and Paddy The Hare bring previous chase experience to the table Polisky (3:25) is fancied to make a winning debut over fences in the beginners’ chase at Uttoxeter this afternoon.
Paul Nicholls’ five-year-old flattered to deceive at times over hurdles, but he did get within 7 lengths of Sprinter Sacre at Ascot last February and with 5 lengths of Fingal Bay at Cheltenham last November.
A winner over this trip at Wincanton on his penultimate start, he bumped in to a progressive sort last time, who has gone on and won twice since. Chasing could be the making of Polisky and he is taken to strike at the first time of asking.
Daryl Jacob is aboard the son of Poliglote, with Ruby Walsh over in Ireland where he rides Summer Star (6:05) for his dad, Ted, in the mares’ maiden hurdle at Limerick.
A dual bumper winner, the Medicean filly also finished fourth in three very good bumpers and, though she didn’t set the world alight on her hurdles debut 11 days ago, this represents a drop in class. Back against her own sex, the four-year-old should be tough to beat.
Later on the card Baily Green (7:45) can complete the hat-trick for Mouse Morris in the Grant Thornton Novice Chase.
The son of King’s Theatre has clicked over fences of late, running out an impressive winner of his last two starts. Making all the running and jumping well for this evening’s pilot David Casey, the five-year-old accounted for a couple of these rivals last time and looks a decent sort for the time of year.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)