Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today; Battle Of Marengo in the 13.30 at Gowran Park. Compare odds and bet.
21 of Aidan O’Brien’s 84 juvenile runners (25%) have been successful this season and he can strike again on Tuesday in the opener at Gowran Park with Battle Of Marengo (1:30).
The Galileo colt fared best of the newcomers in a 15-runner maiden at Leopardstown just 12 days ago and, given that the stable’s debutants often come on for the run, he sets a fair standard for his seven rivals today.
Entered up in all the right races, including the Racing Post Trophy and next year’s Derby, Battle Of Marengo can land this race for a third year in a row for the stable and for the seventh time in the past decade.
1:30 Gowran Park Battle Of Marengo
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)