Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Monday; Initiator in the 4.50 at Epsom and Tamarkuz in the 4.30 at Warwick. Compare odds and bet.
After a really successful weekend it’s nice to have a busy Bank Holiday Monday to get stuck in to and the day’s main selection comes from Epsom in the shape of the improving Initiator (4:50) who has won twice for us already this season.
A maiden winner at Windsor in May, he bounced back from a disappointing run at Royal Ascot when winning a Sandown handicap off 84 earlier this month.
The Motivator gelding has only been upped 3lbs for that success and, while he meets his elders for the first time today (although his main market rival is another three-year-old), Jeremy Noseda’s charge is fancied to score again.
The one concern would be softening ground, as he failed to handle conditions at Ascot, though it could just be that he was in too deep in that Group 3. At 11/8 with Bet Victor this morning, he is taken to make it three from four for the season.
Up at Warwick Tamarkuz (4:30) is fancied to get off the mark at the second time of asking in the second division of the extended 7f maiden.
The Speighstown colt finished fourth in what looked a decent maiden at Newmarket on debut and, after the runner-up came out and won at HQ on Saturday, the form looks at least useful.
The Godolphin two-year-old shaped with plenty of promise 17 days ago and, with the stable having a fine recent record with juveniles at this track and Frankie Dettori buoyant from his Ebor success, he is taken to land this.
4:30 Warwick: Tamarkuz (4/6 bet365)
4:50 Epsom : Initiator (6/4 Bet Victor)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)