Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; King George River in the 19:05 at Tipperary Compare odds and bet.
After making an impressive winning debut on heavy ground at Gowran Park last month King George River (7:05) is fancied to maintain his unbeaten record in the Listed Coolmore Canford Cliffs Stakes at Tipperary this evening.
Aidan O’Brien’s Danehill Dancer colt travelled strongly before powering away in the style of a smart juvenile and, though it’s a little surprising to see him drop in trip, he has already proven himself on testing ground.
The runner-up has come out and won since, while main market rival Dibyani also looked a stayer when winning his maiden, so it could become a bit of a test for some of these.
O’Brien took this contest in 2008 and 2009 and he can strike again with King George River, who opened up 9/4 second-favourite with Paddy Power on Friday morning.
7:05 Tipperary: King George River (9/4 Paddy Power)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)