Paul Ferguson has another selection for us today; Jeremy Noseda’s Initiator in the 7.15 at Sandown. Compare odds.
The Slug And Lettuce London Eye Handicap looks a really competitive three-year-old handicap at Sandown this evening, in which Initiator (7:15) is worthy of each-way support.
Jeremy Noseda’s Motivator gelding was a winner for the column at Windsor on his second start, staying on strongly over this trip under a determined Ryan Moore. Upped in class and in trip last time, he trailed home last of five in the Group 2 King Edward VII Stakes at Royal Ascot.
He was too keen for his own good that day and also may not have appreciated the much softer ground, so he isn’t one to write off on the back of that one poor showing. The fact he went to post for that event suggests he’s highly regarded and the drop in trip will suit today, given how headstrong he was last time.
Though he might not be totally straightforward (ponied to post when winning) he looks worth another chance, down in class and back on a quicker surface. He was trading at 8/1 overnight with Ladbrokes and Bet Victor.
There are plenty of unexposed types in this line-up, so the contest should be watched closely and Royal Empire was another to catch the eye when making a winning debut on the sand at Lingfield last month.
7:15 Sandown Initiator
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)