Paul Ferguson has another selection for us today; Emirates Queen, 8/11, in the 16.05 at Salisbury. Compare odds and bet.
Having looked good when winning a Doncaster maiden at the second attempt in June Emirates Queen (4:05) ran a cracker when runner-up in a Listed event at York last month and she can go one better in the Upavon Stakes at Salisbury this afternoon.
Luca Cumani’s filly belied her inexperience last time, running a massive race despite being the first off the bridle. She kept on strongly for Kieren Fallon’s urgings and hit the front inside the final furlong, only to be worn down late on by the smart Barefoot Lady.
The slight drop back in trip should, therefore, suit today and a similar run will make her very difficult to beat. She was pushed along some way out when winning the time before, too, but I put that down to greenness and, once she gets the hang of things, she could develop in to a classy sort.
The daughter of Street Cry opened up at 10/11 on Thursday evening with Bet365 and it will be disappointing if she can’t return to winning ways.
4:05 Salisbury Emirates Queen
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)