Paul Ferguson has two selections on Monday; Rysbrack in the 5.50 (Wolv) and Tarla in the 7.10 (Rosc). Compare odds and bet.
Unusually for me, I’m heading to Wolverhampton and the sand for today’s British selection Rysbrack (5:50) who looks capable of going close in the concluding 1m4f handicap if handling the surface.
Paul Webber’s six-year-old caught the eye a couple of runs back in a decent Windsor maiden and ran well for us when runner-up back at the same track when last sighted 42 days ago.
The son of Selkirk won a Worcester bumper last June and the step back up in trip ought to suit, given the way he stayed on for pressure last time. At 5/1 with Bet365 (first show last night) he looks one for the each-way thieves.
Over in Ireland Tarla (7:10) goes back over hurdles in the RoscommonRacecourse.ie Hurdle and can score for Willie and Emmet Mullins.
The 10-runner event looks a really interesting contest for the time of year, with last year’s Galway Hurdle winner Moon Dice among her opponents, but the six-year-old looked an exciting recruit from France when winning at the 2010 Punchestown Festival and she recently returned to action on the Flat at this track.
She bolted up under Pat Smullen that evening and she has her conditions tonight, given that she has proven form on heavy ground. The Lavirco mare still has time on her side to make a big impact over jumps and she was trading at 5/4 with Paddy Power last night.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)