Paul Ferguson has another selection for us on Friday; Ardlui in the 3.25 at Newbury, 12/1. Compare odds and bet.
The Punter Southall Transaction Services Handicap looks the best betting heat of the day at Newbury this afternoon and it’s not hard to see why Sir Michael Stoute’s Grandiloquent heads the market.
The lightly-raced three-year-old appeals as the type to continue progressing and he only went up 3lbs for beating a subsequent winner in a small race at Newcastle in May. He could still be well treated, but the Rail Link colt has an exaggerated knee action and could want easier ground in this kind of company.
Asker, who did us a good turn last time, was due to run at Nottingham earlier in the week and, again this is much hotter than the races he has been winning, so with sixteen going to post the race appeals from an each-way perspective.
A winner over hurdles here in December Ardlui (3:25) looks reasonably handicapped judged on his fourth in the Melrose Handicap at York a year ago, after which he finished just better than midfield in another warm contest at Haydock.
Switched to Alan King’s yard soon after, the son of Galileo didn’t really hit the heights expected of him over timber, but he remains of interest in handicaps under both codes.
Hopefully this isn’t being used as a prep for a return to hurdles, but there are more races to be won with him on the level so he is worth taking a chance on with Bet Victor offering 14/1.
Any further overnight rain would enhance the four-year-olds chances and he finished third off this mark on his handicap debut at Salisbury last June.
3:25 Newbury Ardlui
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)