Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Galikova in the 14:40 at Deauville in France. Compare odds and bet.
A pretty ordinary day on the domestic front, but Deauville stages a dual Group 1 card in France and the Prix Jean Romanet is the race of the day for older fillies and mares.
This is where 2010 Oaks Heroine Snow Fairy makes her belated return and she’s joined by Izzi Top, Timepiece and Sea Of Heartbreak, who make up a strong raiding English party.
They will all need to go some to beat the French, however, and the vote goes to Galikova (2:40) who looked to need the run on her return in the Grand Prix De Saint-Cloud in June, where she finished one place ahead of subsequent King George winner Danedream.
A course-and-distance winner at three, the daughter of Galileo ought to be spot on this afternoon and can score for Freddie Head and Olivier Peslier. She was trading at 3/1 with Betfred and Boylesports overnight.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)