Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Royale’s Charter in the 2.50 (Worc) and Seal Of Approval in the 7.50 (Kemp). Compare odds and bet.
The Racing Plus The Best Weekend Action Fillies’ Maiden at Kempton this evening looks a decent contest and one that could well throw up a few future winners.
Andrew Balding’s four-year-old Moment Of Time sets the standard, having already achieved an official rating of 85, but she is again vulnerable to a less exposed filly.
John Gosden’s Light Shine ran well at Ascot last month and is sure to win races, but Seal Of Approval (7:50) also looked a sure-fire future winner when runner-up at Doncaster on debut in June.
Sent off at 50/1, she belied those odds to finish under 2 lengths off Emirates Queen, who was unlucky not to win a Listed event on her next start at York. The winner has since flopped at Salisbury (too bad to be true), but it looked like a good maiden and she is given the nod to score at the second time of asking.
Earlier in the day the bang in form Bobowen goes for the five-timer in the Davies Timber Decking Novices’ Chase but, if Royale’s Charter (2:50) can put things together on his first start since January, he will be difficult to beat in receipt of 12lbs.
Nick Williams’ chestnut, who likes a decent surface, won twice over timber last September and he kept decent company during his time over fences last winter.
Runner-up to Kumbeshwar and Menorah on his first two outings, he then unseated James Reveley when sent off favourite for a decent contest won by Triolo D’Alene at Ascot.
The last time he was seen, the son of Karinga Bay was still in contention when falling four out in the competitive Timeform Novices’ Handicap Chase at Cheltenham on trials day, a race won by the smart Bless The Wings.
If he puts in a clear round he’ll be hard to beat under his ideal conditions and he has won after a break in the past.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)