Paul Ferguson has another selection for us on Tuesday; Mark Johnston’s Steeler in the 4.05 at Goodwood. Compare odds and bet.
Goodwood’s Listed Peter Willett Stakes is the feature event on Tuesday, in which Steeler (4:05) is expected to return to winning ways for Mark Johnston and Kieren Fallon.
The Raven’s Pass colt won his maiden under Fallon here at the Glorious meeting and showed improved form when runner-up to the potentially smart Dundonell in the Group 3 Acomb Stakes at York just 13 days ago.
The represents a drop in class and, assuming the race doesn’t come too quickly for him (not usually an issue from this yard), he ought to take a bit of beating. The chestnut looks as though he’ll improve again once he steps up to 1m, but Fallon is bound to keep him handy here and he probably doesn’t need to improve to land this.
The selection was trading at 10/11 with Bet365, Bet Victor and Ladbrokes early on Monday evening.
4:05 Goodwood Steeler
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)