Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Altharoos in the 3.45 (Brig) and Trader Jack in 8.50 (Kemp). Compare odds and bet.
The race of the day comes from Kempton this evening in the shape of the competitive looking D&G Consultancy Services Handicap.
Last year’s winner Spensley has a fine record here, but faces some interesting three-year-olds, who each receive an 8lb weight-for-age allowance.
Course and distance winner Silent Moment the in-form Position have all-weather form to their name, while Nicholascopernicus was most progressive before his winning run ended at Royal Ascot when last seen. If he’s fully wound up for this return he has sound each-way claims, but the vote goes to Trader Jack (8:50) who deserves a change of luck.
Roger Charlton’s Trade Fair colt endured a luckless run in a competitive contest at the Glorious meeting and he returned to Goodwood 12 days ago to run a fine race in second behind Blue Surf.
Up just 1lb for that effort, he also ran a cracker at the same track when runner-up to the smart Grandeur and he is now rated 20lbs higher while Trader Jack is racing off just 2lbs higher here (clearly still weighted to land a handicap).
The extra furlong ought to suit here and the selection is available at 9/2 with both Bet Victor and Paddy Power this morning.
Earlier in the day Altharoos (3:45) should be tough to beat in the 6f juvenile maiden at Brighton for Sir Michael Stoute and Paul Hanagan.
The Sakhee colt kept on well in third at Newbury on debut and, while the runner-up has been beaten since, the winner finished a close second at Salisbury yesterday.
I was slightly surprised to see him drop back in trip, but he will presumably be ridden handier today after being slowly away on debut. The Derby entry looks to have Disclaimer (also dropping in trip) to beat and he is taken to enhance the stable’s record with two-year-olds at the track (Stoute has saddled one winner from just the two juveniles he has run here in the past five years). He opened up at 5/4 with Bet365 this morning.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)