Paul Ferguson kicks off the week with one selection; Godolphin runner Ruban in the 4.00 at Wolverhampton. Compare odds and bet.
On a really average opening day of the week Ruban (4:00) is taken to get off the mark at the third time of asking in the Download Our iPhone App Maiden Stakes at Wolverhampton.
Mahmood Al Zarooni’s Dubawi colt went down by just a head to another Godolphin runner, Saeed Bin Suroor’s Ustura, at Kempton a couple of weeks ago, looking like a winner waiting happen.
The drop back a furlong won’t inconvenience him and the winner has an official rating of 86 (entered in handicaps this week) so he sets a useful standard. The selection also showed plenty of improvement from his sole start at two, as he was a length off Mossbrae at Yarmouth in October, yet had that rival back in fourth (beaten 6 lengths) when the clashed again 17 days ago.
4:00 Wolverhampton Ruban
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)