Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday at Newton Abbot; Special Account (1.40) and Nebula Storm (2.10). Compare odds and bet.
It is very much hoped that Newton Abbot beats the 8am inspection as this afternoon’s card is quite interesting, with a valuable 2m5f handicap chase the feature contest.
It’s the opening couple of novice hurdles that are most interesting, however, with Special Account (1:40) taken to make it three from three under rules for Jeremy Scott in the first race.
Very impressive over further here in June, he followed up at Worcester last time and again won with a bit in hand. It won’t be easy under a double penalty this afternoon, but he looks a decent sort for this time of year and can complete the hat-trick under Nick Scholfield, who appears to get on very well with him.
Gary Moore saddles the main danger in the shape of Cabimas and his hurdling debutant Nebula Storm (2:10) catches the eye in the 2m1f maiden hurdle, the second race on the card.
Bought for just £11,000 last October, the son of Galileo had previously carried the famous yellow silks and blue cap of Sea The Stars, and he, too, used to be trained in Ireland by John Oxx.
A maiden winner on heavy ground in November 2009, the five-year-old finished a half-length second to Fame And Glory in the Listed Vintage Crop Stakes in April last year and was sent off favourite for the Group 3 Curragh Cup when last seen some 435 days ago.
Clearly been difficult to train over the years, he brings some smart Flat form to the table here and, if he retains his old ability, he’d only have to jump adequately to land a race of this nature. Given the lay-off, it’s not going to be that straightforward, but Moore has the selection in Cesarewitch (rated 100) so the trainer clearly believes the old sparkle is still there.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)