Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Dermot Weld’s Caponata in the 3.50 at The Curragh. Compare odds and bet.
The pick of the action on Sunday comes from the Curragh, with the Group 1 Moyglare Stud Stakes the feature event on a card that contains four Group races in all.
The Group 2 Blanford Stakes looks a cracker and, while Nahrain is very much respected on last year’s form (shown nothing like that in two starts at four), another chance is given to Caponata (3:50) who lost her unbeaten record here in July.
Dermot Weld’s three-year-old had earlier looked a high-class filly in the making, winning impressively on debut and then under similar conditions to today at Naas in June.
The step back up in trip and, more importantly, a return to better ground could well suit the daughter of Selkirk, who looks to possess a fine turn of foot. She quickened up to lead last time, looking all over the winner, before being swallowed up late on soft ground and I suspect she’ll be held onto for longer today.
As low as 3/1 with Bet365 and Bet Victor, the selection was available at 9/2 with Stan James overnight, with the best odds guaranteed firms Boylesports and Paddy Power offering 4s. Rather like yesterday’s Irish winner, there seems some disparity between the bookmakers prices.
3:50 Curragh Caponata
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)