Paul Ferguson has one selections for us on Tuesday; White Nile in the 16.40 at Thirsk. Compare odds and bet.
Trainer David Simcock has enjoyed a fine strike-rate at Thirsk over the past five seasons (3 winners from 7 runners 43%) and he sends the unexposed White Nile (4:40) north from Newmarket for the second division of the 1m4f handicap this afternoon.
The three-year-old finished fourth to the smart Shantaram on debut at HQ before beating a subsequent winner over 1m2f at Newcastle last month.
The Galileo colt, who cost €215,000, ought to relish the step up in trip this afternoon, having stayed on stoutly last time (also bred to be better over this trip and beyond) and he has been given a chance by the handicapper with an opening mark of 78.
In receipt of an 8lb weight-for-age allowance, he looks worth siding with on this handicap debut and Robert Winston’s mount opened up at 11/4 this morning; I expect he could be a bit shorter come post time.
4:40 Thirsk White Nile
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)