Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Wednesday; Pique Sous in the 17.10 & Teelin Star in the 17.40 both at Listowel. Compare odds and bet.
There’s an interesting fillies Listed contest at Yarmouth on Wednesday, but the pick of the action again comes from Listowel where the feature event is the valuable Guinness Kerry National Handicap Chase.
Timepiece sets the standard in the aforementioned Listed event, where she faces Emirates Queen, a three-year-old filly who could easily return to form now she returns to a quicker surface.
Over in Ireland the Kerry National looks really competitive, while the novice hurdle that precedes it also appeals as a race to watch closely with the future in mind. However, the penultimate event on the card, the 2m maiden hurdle, is a cracker for the time of year and one that should throw up plenty of winners throughout the winter.
Our Vinnie, Mumbo Jumbo and Ted Veale will all be winning races over timber, but it is worth giving another chance to high-class bumper performer Pique Sous (5:10) with Ruby Walsh taking over in the saddle.
The five-year-old finished third in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham and subsequently won twice more in that sphere, bolting up in soft ground at Bellewstown and Tipperary during July.
The grey was beaten at odds of 1/3 on his hurdles bow recently, where he didn’t do much right throughout, but he ought to have learnt plenty from that and isn’t one to write off yet.
In the concluding bumper Teelin Star (5:40) is another looking to bounce back from an odds-on reversal, with that defeat coming in the valuable point-to-point bumper at Fairyhouse in April.
The six-year-old arrived there with a massive reputation from the pointing ranks, having won both starts between the flags during March by a distance, and he has to be given another chance to prove that running was all wrong.
The extra distance ought to suit and, though he’d ideally appreciate better ground, he can bounce back under the smart Colman Sweeney.
5:10 Listowel Pique Sous
5:40 Listowel Teelin Star
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)