Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; Flow in the 14.50 and Montaser in the 16.20 both at Yarmouth. Compare odds and bet.
The Racing Welfare Handicap at Yarmouth looks the race of the day on Thursday and it can pay to side with improving young stayer Montaser (4:20) in what looks a cracking contest.
The three-year-old arrives here on a roll, having won at Haydock over 1m4f and at Ascot over 2m, both victories coming on a quick surface. David Simcock’s Rail Link colt has been upped another 8lbs by the assessor, but he remains on a sharp upward curve and can take this en route to a crack at the Cesarewitch next month.
The selection opened trading at 11/4 this morning (Thursday), with Repeater favourite on the back of his fourth in the Doncaster Cup last week; a reproduction of that effort would make him difficult to beat, but this is an open contest and the race may come a little quickly for him.
Other dangers include Sir Michael Stoute’s Mawaqeet, who ran a cracker behind Sir Graham Wade last time at Goodwood and he will be a threat to all if getting the trip.
Earlier on the card Flow (2:50) ought to be difficult to beat in the 1m maiden for Sir Henry Cecil and Tom Queally.
Fourth on debut at Epsom, the Medaglia D’Or colt improved to finish runner-up on quick ground at Leicester last month. The winner has since finished runner-up in a Listed contest at Goodwood (behind Steeler) and the third has come out and won, so the form adds up.
Elsewhere, the decent jumps action continues over at Listowel where the Kevin McManus Beginners Chase is worth watching closely. Cheltenham Festival second White Star Line sets the standard, while Grade 2 winning hurdler Back In Focus (beat Court In Motion at Haydock when trained by Howard Johnson) is an interesting debutant.
The former winning pointer returned to action after 15 months off at Tipperary in July and he needs to have improved for that outing to get his head in front here. This is a race to watch with the future in mind.
2:50 Yarmouth Flow (8/11)
4:20 Yarmouth Montaser (11/4)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)