Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Monday; The New One in the Newton Abbot 14:00 and Dylan Ross in the 18:05 at Roscommon. Compare odds and bet.
Monday’s jumps action, both in England and the mixed card over in Ireland, are both dependant on 8am inspections and, with a couple of really interesting contests, it is very much hoped that both beat the weather.
High-class bumper performer The New One (2:00) is the most interesting runner at Newton Abbot and Nigel Twiston-Davies’ four-year-old ought to make a winning debut over hurdles in the opening novice contest.
The winner of junior bumpers at Warwick and Cheltenham in the first half of last season, the son of King’s Theatre went on to finish sixth in the Champion Bumper before winning the Grade 2 at Aintree on Grand National day.
The 2m3f trip should be ideal and his trainer holds him in very high regard. The ground is an unknown, but his class should see him through today and the price would seem more than fair judged on his bumper form. The useful Kartanian and the debut for Paul Nicholls of Roger Beantown should ensure he isn’t sent off too short.
Over at Roscommon Noel Meade chucks Dylan Ross (6:05) in to the deep end on his chasing debut, allowing him to make the transition to larger obstacles in a Grade 3 event rather than finding a beginners’ chase somewhere.
The son of Shantou faces the experienced and smart Baily Green here, but the ground is in his favour and, in receipt of 7lbs, Paul Carberry’s mount is given the nod.
Though he only won once from seven starts over hurdles, the six-year-old showed high-class novice hurdle form on home soil last season, most notably when runner-up in a Grade 1 over Christmas.
The dual bumper winner could well make up in to a smart novice chaser and he can enhance his trainer’s record in this race, with Meade winning the contest twice since 2004.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)