Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Greatwood in the 13:30 at Salisbury. Compare odds and bet.
Having made a hugely promising racecourse debut when runner-up at Leicester last month Greatwood (1:30) is taken to go one better in the opener at Salisbury this afternoon, division one of the mile maiden.
Luca Cumani’s Manduro colt made eye-catching headway through the 16-strong field and stayed on in taking fashion to take a clear second behind Penny Rose, who has since won a conditions event at Newbury.
Entered in next year’s Derby, the selection should relish the extra furlong and, granted the usual improvement from start one to two, he should take a bit of beating.
1:30 Salisbury: Greatwood 6/5 bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)