Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday at Bangor; Right To Rule in the 3.20 and Prompter at 4.50. Compare odds and bet.
After spending yesterday morning on the gallops with Donald McCain it really is time to start turning most of our attention to the National Hunt game and, given his record at his local track, his runners at Bangor-On-Dee this afternoon are worth paying attention to.
The pick of his runners could well be hurdling debutant Right To Rule (3:20) who runs in the same juvenile contest that the stable won with subsequent Grade 1 winner Hollow Tree last year.
Formerly trained by William Haggas, the Rock Of Gibraltar gelding, who is a half-brother to dual Royal Ascot winner Simenon, finished a close second to the smart Sir Graham Wade on his debut at Haydock and fifth behind Queen’s Vase winner Estimate next time at Salisbury.
Off the mark on his final outing on the level at Newcastle in June, he fetched 40,000gns at the sales and can make a winning start for his new connections.
Later on the card Prompter (4:50) maybe worth one last chance in the concluding Racing UK Handicap Hurdle.
Another smart Flat performer (despite only ever winning a two-year-old maiden at Chester, where he beat Tominator) he joined J P McManus for 78,000gns last October and has failed to score in three starts over timber to date.
Arguably not the most resolute looking individual when runner-up here in August (beaten by An Capall Mor who runs in the novice chase earlier on the card) he ought to be up to winning a handicap off 108 when you consider he was runner-up in a handicap on the Flat off 102 at Ascot in his pomp.
Jonjo O’Neill’s five-year-old was trading at 7/4 with Paddy Power overnight and is worth giving another chance to in this company.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)