Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Friday; Morning Royalty in the 4.50 at Hexham and Rendl Beach in the 5.35 at Hexham. Compare odds and bet.
Ascot stages a decent Flat card this afternoon where our ante-post Cesarewitch selection Biographer goes in the Listed Noel Murless Stakes. Sadly David Lanigan’s three-year-old won’t be taking his chance in the Newmarket handicap next week and he’s likely to go close today.
This looks a competitive affair, however, and he faces the rapidly-improving Sir Graham Wade, who has had plenty of racing of late. It remains to be seen if he’s had enough for the season.
Another to note on the card is Alan King’s Ardlui, who chased home Countrywide Flame at Chester last time. He stayed on really well in the closing stages and looks capable of landing a Flat handicap before reverting to hurdles. Any overnight rain would aid his cause.
The day’s selections come over jumps, however, and a couple of really interesting hurdling debutants. Tony McCoy provided us with a winner yesterday and the Champion Jockey teams up with Rebecca Curtis in the concluding maiden hurdle at Fontwell to ride dual bumper winner Rendl Beach (5:35).
Those two bumper successes came for Peter Niven and he has since changed hands for £30,000. The ground should not be an issue for the son of Milan, who ran as though he would get a trip over jumps last term.
Earlier in the day Morning Royalty (4:50) is likely to be sent off pretty short, but will take plenty of beating on his debut for James Moffatt in the maiden hurdle at Hexham.
A smart bumper performer for Willie Mullins last term, where he proved he can handle testing ground, the son of King’s Theatre was a 17-length winner at Punchestown in December, before chasing home some of Ireland’s brightest prospects, namely Moscow Mannon, Don Cossack and Buckers Bridge on his final three starts. He looks an exciting recruit.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)